11th Scientix Projects' Networking Event
The 11th Scientix Projects' Networking Event will take place in Brussels on Friday 18th of March 2016. This event will be organized in collaboration d in conjunction with the 11th Science Projects Workshop in the Future Classroom Lab (18th - 20th of March, 2016).
Target audience: The one day event is open to project representatives from European and national science education projects and organizations. Public funded projects included in the Scientix projects' repository or in the process of being published (i.e. they submitted at the time of the event via the project upload form), will have priority.
Aim of the event: To discuss "The importance for STEM education of Head of schools associations & Teacher associations" and "Teaching the History of Science nowadays".
Structure of the event: After a brief introduction on the aim of the event by Scientix, representatives attending will be able to present their projects. In the afternoon, sessions on the event's topic will be organized in order to discuss issues, experiences and suggestions. The results will be published as a Scientix observatory paper co-authored by all participants.
9:00 - 9:30 Registration
9:30 - 9:50 Welcome by Scientix
10:00 - 12:30 Brief presentation of projects and/or organizations present, highlighting the experience within evaluation
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 16:00 Paralell workshops on:
- The importance for STEM education of Head of schools associations & Teacher associations and
- Teaching the History of Science nowadays.
16:00 - 17:00 Conclusions and farewell
Location: European Schoolnet, Rue de Treves, 61, Brussels 1040, Belgium
Support for participants:
1) Lunch on Friday 18th of March will be provided to all participants by Scientix
2) Flights can be organized and covered by Scientix
3) Scientix will organize and cover the hotel for the night of Thu 17th of March for those projects in need of financial support.
4) Up to 10 projects attending the event on Friday, will be welcome to join the 11th Science Projects Workshop in the Future Classroom Lab, on Saturday 19th and present in 10' their project to all ~60 participants (in the morning) and run a 45' workshop with ~15 participants (in the afternoon);
5) For those project representatives staying until Saturday to present during the event, Scientix will organize and cover the hotel both on Thursday 17th and on Friday 18th, if needed;
- The registration for the event is free of charge;
- Maximum number of participants: 30;
- Projects can send more than one representative, but Scientix will organize and cover the hotel for maximum two representatives per project;
- The projects must be public funded and either be included in the Scientix projects' repository or in the process of being published; or the organizations must have proven experience or involvement in public funded STEM projects.
- This event is NOT open to projects created without official endorsement (i.e. they must have public funding be it regional, national or EU). No self-funded projects or school projects (teacher's projects) will be accepted.
- Deadline to register: 2nd of March, 2016 (or until participation is fully covered)
Confirmed Participants: Check out the list of confirmed projects and participants.