Scientix Online meeting room
Scientix aims to facilitate the work of the different public-funded science education projects. For this, Scientix offers projects the possibility to use the Scientix Online Meeting Room (SOMR). Any project included in the Scientix repository can request to schedule an online meeting, webinar, online workshop, etc., for up to 1000 participants at once via the form at the bottom of this page.
Who can book the room:
The use of the Scientix Online Meeting Room can be requested by:
- Any project included in the Scientix repository. If your project is not in the Scientix portal yet, let us know via scientix (at) eun.org.
- The Scientix Ambassadors or Scientix National Contact Points.
- Teachers or STEM education organisations that need help during the COVID-19 lockdown.
How to book the room:
- Check if the room is available in the calendar below
- Fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
- Within 2 working days, Scientix will send you a confirmation email and your event will be included in the SOMR calendar.
- You will receive an email with the link to access the meeting room. That email contains the information you must share with the participants.
- The access to the SOMR does not mean help with the dissemination of the meeting or webinar. If you wish to include your public event in the Scientix events calendar and support with the promotion, please fill in this form at least two weeks in advance.
- Please, if you are the host, don’t leave the meeting till the end of the session. When the host leaves, the meeting closes for everyone and it is not possible to re-open it.
- Please note there will be a Welcome Slide from Scientix that must be shown to all participants at the beginning of the meeting.
- In case you are interested in recording the session, press the "Record" button.
The SOMR technology used is Microsoft Teams. The technical support during the online event can be provided by Scientix at two levels:
- For a regular meeting, Scientix will only provide an open link for you. You will be in charge of all technicalities during the call. All participants (organiser, members of the project, speakers or attendees) will join at the same time when clicking on the link to the SOMR. A regular meeting can take place at any hour from Monday to Sunday.
- For a webinar, a member of the Scientix team will open the event 15 minutes before it takes place to give presenter rights to speakers and will create a waiting room for attendees. Participants will join with the camera and microphone disabled unless specified. A webinar session can only take place from Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 17:00 (Belgian time).
Scientix is not responsible for any issues arising from the use of the Scientix Online Meeting Room.
BOOK A MEETING IN THE SCIENTIX ONLINE MEETING ROOM HERE