The Ministries of Education STEM Working Group
The Ministries of Education Working Group (MoE STEM WG) is a platform of discussion and exchange for Ministries of Education regarding their STEM education policies. The overall objective of this initiative is to help lay the foundations for medium and long-term strategies and activities in the field of STEM education, following an agenda that addresses the ministries priorities and main interests.
Under Scientix 4, the MoE STEM WG is composed by STEM representatives of the Ministries of Education, which remit is:
- To monitor national STEM education policies in each country;
- To provide a platform of exchange for ministries of education regarding exchange of practice concerning national STEM policies.
- To promote national STEM initiatives via Scientix 4.
- To organize joint national/Scientix 4 events.
- To support professional development of STEM teachers, both at initial teacher education level and at in-service training level.
The Ministries of Education STEM representatives are appointed by the Ministries of Education directly. During this first year of Scientix 3, the objectives were to build the framework and start the activities of the working group with at least 10 countries working.
24 Ministries of Education from 23 countries have confirmed their participation and appointed a STEM representative as of October 2020, including: Belgium (Flanders), Belgium (Wallonia), Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, and Turkey.