The 2023 STEM Discovery Campaign is a joint international initiative organised by Scientix that invites educators, projects, organisations, libraries, schools, universities, youth clubs and all the interested stakeholders across Europe and the world to celebrate careers and studies in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). The campaign runs from 1 February to 30 April 2023, with a peak of activities from 24-30 April.
Add your STEM activity on the Map!
Are you participating in a STEM activity during February-April 2023? Include it on the map! Participants organising an online STEM event or a STEM activity at schools during this time may also enter the STEM Discovery Campaign competitions.
The theme for this year’s campaign is:
Developing a STEM identity increases the likelihood that learners will develop science literacy – some might even follow a STEM career path. Anyone involved in education can help learners cultivate their STEM identities by designing and facilitating rich STEM experiences for them. That is why we encourage every educational stakeholder to organize and take part in different events and activities that help learners discover and develop their STEM-selves.
Will you be organising, conducting and/or taking part in STEM activities during February-April 2023? Are you interested in showcasing any projects? Are you a teacher or an organisation working in STEM? All STEM-related actions can be included on the STEM Discovery Campaign map and help spark learners’ interest in STEM and shape their STEM identities!
Here are the steps:
- Register in the Scientix portal (if you haven't already) to obtain your EUN ID credentials.
- Pin the activity by filling in the submission form, either on the Scientix portal or the STEM Discovery mobile app:
- On the Scientix portal, first sign in with your EUN ID credentials;
- then select “My activities” on any STEM Discovery campaign page;
- select “Submit activity” and fill in the Submission form.
- Download the STEM Discovery mobile app,
- then sign in with your EUN ID credentials,
- select the “Submit” button, and fill in the submission form.
- Take part in a competition (optional)
To participate in a competition, you will need to fill in the Competition submission form which you will find in the “About” section of the STEM Discovery mobile app or here on the Scientix portal. To be eligible for any competition you first need to pin an activity to the STEM Discovery Campaign map.
For more information, read the FAQ and the Terms & Conditions of the STEM Discovery Campaign 2023.