Participate in the 2022 STEM Discovery Campaign competitions! In this section, you will find the necessary information ordered by partner projects of the campaign:
SDC22 - Competitions
Scientix Competition 1: STEM Activities
“Scientix Competition 1: STEM Activities” invites you to organise an (online) activity that promotes STEM in the context of any STEM subject in your class between 1 February and 30 April 2022. Pin your activity on the STEM Discovery Campaign Map to promote it. You can go a step further and write a blog post in English on the STEM Discovery Campaign Blog when your activity is done, to share your experience and inspire other teachers try similar activities in their classrooms.
Scientix Competition 2: STEM Resources
“Scientix Competition 2: STEM Resources” welcomes everyone who would like to organise any (online) activity based on a resource from the Scientix Resource Repository. After your activity is done, pin it on the STEM Discovery Campaign Map. If you wish to share your experience and more information about your activity, you can write a blog post in English on the STEM Discovery Campaign Blog and tell us about what you did in your activity, what resources and materials you have used to implement the activity and how you involved your audience.
Life Terra – Terra mission challenge
Join the first “Terra Mission Challenge” motivating your students for climate action. One competition, three streams.
- Stream 1: Terra Mission in the classroom – Submit a new Learning Scenario on Terra Mission themes.
- Stream 2: Terra Mission idea – Submit your students’ ideas to find innovative ways to solve sustainability issues.
- Stream 3: Terra Mission activity – Submit your Story of Implementation and tell us how Terra Mission: Educational Pack worked in your classroom.
Don’t forget to register your activity on the 2022 STEM Discovery map. Winners of this competition will be invited to participate in very important dissemination activities, educational initiatives and training opportunities organized by Life Terra or Scientix, gaining immense visibility for you and your school.
2022 STEM Alliance & STE(A)M IT - STEM Professionals Go Back to School Competition
"2022 STEM Alliance & STE(A)M IT - STEM Professionals Go Back to School Competition" is a STEM Alliance scheme that encourages teachers and volunteers from STEM industries (technicians, scientists, engineers, researchers, employment and recruiting managers etc.) to organise career talks and collaborative activities in schools or online. Within the framework of the 2022 STEM Discovery Campaign and in collaboration with the STE(A)M IT project, this competition encourages the integration of STEM Career topics in class through Career Sheets and (virtual) visits from STEM professionals to classrooms, among other options.
STEM Alliance – IBM SkillsBuild
The "STEM Alliance – IBM SkillsBuild" Competition 2022 calls for teachers in Europe to create short Lessons Plans that integrate IBM SkillsBuild modules in class and connect them to STEM subjects. In particular, the focus is on the connection between STEM subjects and career readiness as well as workplace. IBM SkillsBuild for Students and Educators is a free online platform that is designed to enrich the STEM and work-related curriculum for students (age 14+) at this challenging time while also providing professional development opportunities for teachers. Teachers can submit their entries within three categories: digital technology, mindfulness, and professional skills.
The competition will run from 1 February to 31 May 2022 at 23:59 Central European Time (CET).
The Europeana Education Competition 2022
The Europeana Education Competition 2022 is an educational competition, which aims to highlight the importance of integrating innovative pedagogical approaches into educational activities, using arts and science digital heritage. It is organized in a two-tiered manner
- The first branch involves all members of the Europeana Education User Group of 2021-2022 (as part of the Europeana DSI-4 project), who are automatically eligible for the competition, if they create one Learning Scenario or a Story of Implementation, submit to the Teaching with Europeana blog as well as comment on one Story of Implementation and Learning Scenario of other colleagues
- The second branch of the competition is open to all primary and secondary school teachers, museum educators or any other CHI professional – e.g. librarians, archivists, curators, etc. – from European Union countries and Horizon 2020 associated countries who implement a learning scenario from the Teaching with Europeana blog in their educational activities, either online or face-to-face and submit their Story of Implementation. Only entries in English, which follow the official competition template, and which are submitted during the official submission period (as outlined in the ‘Submission period’ section) will be eligible for this competition.
The Three Rs Competition 2022
For the 2022 STEM Discovery Campaign the Three Rs Project is announcing a competition aiming to popularise and develop new learning materials, to promote sharing best practices and motivate teachers to teach students to think critically about science, become aware of the scientific progress made for a future science without animal use, and build the skills to debate nuanced and complex topics such as animal testing.
The “Three Rs Competition” (competition) consists of three different streams; therefore, we invite teachers and other education stakeholders to read these Terms and Conditions and to select a relevant stream to participate in.