4th Scientix Conference - Call for contributions
The Call for Contributions to the 4th Scientix Conference is closed.
It was an invitation to present and discuss participants' work and experience in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education in primary and secondary education.
The 4th Scientix Conference is one of the major science education networking events in Europe and will take place online 18 to 19 November 2022.
The Call for Contributions was open to four different types of contributions:
- Plenary online presentations for STEM education projects:
- Duration: maximum 3-minute presentation slot during the plenary session.
- Selection: 15 STEM education projects will be selected.
- Speakers: maximum one speaker per presentation from each project but two places reserved at the conference per project.
- Information to provide in the call for papers: Name of Project, URL, logo, URL if published in Scientix, Summary of project (100 - 140 words).
- Note that projects already published or submitted to be published in the Scientix projects' repository will be favoured.
- Selected projects will be supported by Scientix with a full comms package including: one pager that will be sent to the Ministries of Education (MoE) STEM representatives Working Group made of 24 MoEs, three visuals for social media and power point as well as dissemination campaign by Scientix.
- Parallel online presentations on different topics related to STEM Education:
- Duration: maximum 15-minute talks plus 5 minutes for questions.
- Selection: up to 32 presentations will be selected.
- Speakers: maximum one speaker per presentation.
- Information to provide in the call for papers: Title, Abstract (500 to 1,000 words) and Topic covered (see non-exhaustive below).
- Topics: Curriculum, School projects, research and Schools, Tools, Projects, Contextualisation of STEM teaching (STEM and the world around us), STEM and inclusion, STE(A)M, STEM and Sustainability, Early Education, Specific STEM topics: nanotechnology, bioeconomy, etc., National projects, Role models and good examples, Inquiry Based Science and/or Mathematics Education, Teacher Training, Out of school learning, Game-based learning, Competence learning and motivation, remote and digital, Dissemination/outreach of STEM, and more.
- Digital Posters on different topics related to STEM education:
- Selection: up to 50 posters will be selected.
- Maximum two representatives per poster will be invited to participate.
- Information to be provided in the call for papers: Title, Summary (between 500 and 1,000 words), Topics covered (see list under Presentations).
- Hands-on online workshops:
- Duration: a 5-minute introduction and 35 minutes online hands-on activities (40 minutes in total).
- Selection: up to 8 workshops to be selected.
- Expected number of participants: ~30.
- Maximum of two workshop leaders per workshop.
- Information for call for papers: Title, Summary (500 to 1,000 words), Information on the 2nd person attending, if any.
The submission deadline for this call for contributions was 17 August 2022.
Participants whose contributions were accepted had been notified by September 9th.