STEM OUT OF THE BOX MOOC: A STEM APPROACH TO NON-STEM SUBJECTS
Teachers will learn how to integrate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in their lessons and help students develop deep scientific, mathematic, and problem-solving skills. The course will guide teachers through exemplary STEM lesson plans created and tested by other teachers, resources, and challenges to increase students’ knowledge and skills needed for the future.
In the STEM out of the box MOOC, participants will:
- Understand the value of STEM in the classroom, regardless of the age of the students or the subject.
- Gain a well-rounded understating of the STEM skills needed for future careers.
- Explore how to teach STEM in the Early Years, Primary and Secondary school in non-STEM lessons.
- Learn about teaching STEM using real-life challenges and innovative pedagogies.
Date and registration
The course will be held online from 26 February to 3 April 2024, with an estimated workload of 3 to 4 hours per module.
If you are an early-childhood educator or primary teacher interested in STEM or a secondary teacher who teaches a non-STEM subject (humanities, arts, literature and business studies), click the button below to join the MOOC.
Whether you are a course participant, a Ministry of Education, or a network organisation in the educational field: we welcome your support in spreading the message on this free online course.
You can do this in various ways, including:
- Use the suggested social media messages and visuals for the dissemination of the course and registration information on your social media channels, which you can download in the promotional pack below.
- Use the information provided in the promotional pack to promote the MOOC via any other dissemination channels you may have available to you (for example, newsletters, bulletins, digests, blog articles).
- Circulate information to relevant contacts: members of your network, organisations that you know are active on the topic and individual contacts.
To find all the promotional materials combined in a document please click on the button below. This promotional pack (in English) includes detailed information on how to promote the course in communications with your networks and audiences, as well as all visuals and suggested social media messages.
Useful Twitter handles and hashtags:
- Course hashtag #STEMOutoftheBox
- Project handle/hashtag @scientix_eu
- Service hashtag #EUNAcademy
This MOOC is powered by Scientix, an initiative of European Schoolnet.