- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- STEM Bites Back: Changing Science Education One Zombie at a Time with Dr. Steven Schlozman
Question 1 - Science VS. Science fiction: Discuss on the pros and cons of using Science Fiction examples and activities with your students.
- Albert Einstein (Quote):
"The important thing is never to stop questioning"
"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think"
- Ten Inventions Inspired by Science Fiction - smithsonianmag.com:
- Professor Jim Gunn Quote:
"Science fiction is the literature of change, and change is the only constant our world."
- ESA Video: Science Fiction-Science Facts.
- ESA Rosetta Mission:
Ambition Short movie (Tomek Baginski):
- Sir Ken Robinson: "How school kills creativity"
- Math in Science Fiction:
- Sight: A short futuristic film by Eran May-raz and Daniel Lazo.
- Tesla Motors/Elon Musk:
- University Course on Science Fiction:
Arizona State: http://csi.asu.edu/
Movies and Books:
- Artificial Intelligence ( Steven Spielberg)
- Ray Bradbury: I Sing The Body Electric
- Fahrenheit 451:
- Nineteen Eighty-Four (George Orwell)
- San Andreas
- Thor (Jane Foster as an astrophysicist):
- Limitless (Movie)
- Lucy (Movie)
- The Walking Dead (Series):
- Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
- Max Brooks:
Zombie Survival Guide: http://www.maxbrookszombieworld.com/
World War Z: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/
- Alan Turing Fundamental AI question:
- China Mieville:
- Ian Gilbert: Why Do I Need a Teacher When I've Got Google?
- The Large Hadron Collider:
- Portrayal of Science in Movies vs. Science Reality
- Pentagon's Anti-Zombie Plan:
- Microsoft HoloLens
- Isaac Asimov
Question 2 - Discuss on the pros and cons of using Science Fiction examples and activities with your students. Will it encourage them to be interested in Science? Or, on the contrary, do you think it can confuse them during their learning process?
- The book of general ignorance:
- Interstellar Explained:
- Asimov's novel "The Feeling of Power":
- Internet of Things:
- Teaching Science Fiction (by James Gunn)
- William H. Hastie Quote:
- ESA Rosetta Mission "Ambition" short movie:
- "A Short History of Nearly Everything", by 'Bill Bryson':
- Robot-staffed hotel opens in Japan:
- Why Today's Inventors Need to Read More Science Fiction:
- Science Education through Science Fiction:
- Why isn't science fiction used more often to teach science in schools?
- Science (Fiction), Technology, Engineering, and Math?