Pensiero computazionale e cittadinanza digitale (Computational thinking and digital citizenship)
This project aims to develop critical thinking and soft skills based on the demands of the job market. The activities are linked to new teaching and learning approaches and methodologies and above all to coding and robotics.
The project’s aim is to introduce the main strategies and to use coding and educational robotics through information technology. The activities concern Web apps knowledge and analysis and responsible use of the Internet. Pupils develop digital skills useful in everyday life, both school and personal, and create digital coding products by using virtual approaches. The activities are based on online and offline tools, interactive presentations, programming software and educational robots.
The project is based on several different modules:
- 3D: activities to recollect and scan scientific data in BYOD using the 3D printer and to project and realise 3D products.
- Coding & robotics: activities to develop computational thinking using coding and robotics
- Digital literacy: activities to improve digital skills and develop digital citizenship through e-safe usage and preventing cyberbullying
- Social web: activities to promote the local culture through the social media literature
- Digital literacy JUNIOR: activities to empower inclusion through technology
The project intends to introduce information technology through a playful side. During the lessons students created digital works by playing smart objects, robots and videogames both offline and through the platform Code.org (and its Italian version programmailfuturo), with the creation of a virtual classroom. All the activities are supported by interactive presentations, video tutorials and Web apps.
The activities concern:
- Knowledge and use of an online bulletin board for sharing documents and links (such as Padlet)
- Use of some applications for the creation of avatars and digital cards
- Use of interactive teaching tools to generate puzzles, word clouds, crosswords, quizzes
- Use of digital storytelling tools (memes, comics and videos)
- Unplugged coding (PC-free activity) through team-based coding games with chessboard on the floor, pixel art drawings taken from codes and games with arrows and directional cards
- Use of online coding in games and video games with visual block programming (via CODE.ORG and PROGRAM THE FUTURE)
You can find all the activities here (in Italian).