PRODIRO 2019 – 2021 (Projet Digital et Robotique) is a KA1 project funded by the Swiss national agency MOVETIA that aims to introduce computer science and robotics in the classroom for pupils aged 12 to 16 through several pedagogical approaches. It also encourages exchanges between European schools by developing concrete IT and robotics projects involving pupils.
The main objectives of PRODIRO are:
- Implementing a dynamic teaching device in digital and robotics lessons during the ordinary course provided at the college by encouraging exchanges with European institutions.
- Integrating of transversal digital capacity components in the development of learning sequences: collaboration, communication, creative thinking, reflective thinking, logic, structuring etc
- In-class testing of pedagogies discovered during job shadowing and training in Europe: active pedagogy based on the study of phenomena, Flipped Classroom, CLIL, Game-Based Digital Learning and art
- Presenting and promoting the project to the target audience (school managements, teachers, students, parents) and promoting the digital projects developed by the students to the school’s partners.
Coordinator: Etablissement primaire et secondaire de Chavannes-près-Renens et de St-Sulpice, https://www.ecoles-chavssu.ch/
Target groups: secondary school students
Topic: Computer science, Electronics, Information technology, Maths, Education, Other
Start year: 2019
End year: 2021
Contact person: Mehdi Hihi, mhihi (at) bluewin.ch
At the end of the PRODIRO project, a global report will be delivered to the school boards, the Ministry of Education and the research organisations (EPFL: Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, HEP VD: Haute Ecole Pédagogique du Canton de Vaud, UNIL: Université de Lausanne). These organisations are mandated by the Ministry of Education to implement Computer Science (CS) throughout the Canton of Vaud. This report will provide o these institutions with (the list is not exhaustive) :
- Advice in term of curriculum updates in the Computer Science domains
- Implementation process for Computer Science (CS) in the school plan (topics, learning sequences, timetables, human resources, material, school organisation updates).
- Proposal in terms of training teachers in activities as well as the teacher trainers.
- Answers from students involved in the project to the survey on the new lessons, which include coding, robotics and CS transversal skills
At the end of the PRODIRO project, a teacher guide will be provided to all the actors mentioned above as well as schoolteachers.
- Detailed learning sequences in coding
- Detailed learning sequences in robotics
- Detailed learning sequences in CS transversal skills
- References to the teaching material (software, microcontrollers, hardware)
- Methodology to develop an EU and extra-EU CS exchange project between schools
A website with all the relevant information implemented during the project will be developed.