MORE – MObile Resources on Education: let´s learn with each other
Enhance knowledge in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) with apps, robots and Arduinos and prepare the future of students for the future jobs in Europe.
The aim of MORE is to spread knowledge of its national networks of teachers who specialise in particular subjects. The objective is to increase students’ participation in learning and to help them to be better prepared for their future jobs all over Europe.
There are four schools involved in MORE, from Portugal, Italy, France and Slovenia. The schools received a grant from the Erasmus KA2 key action to develop the project for a two-year period.
Each schools is responsible for one specific area:
- Portugal (Agrupamento de Escolas da Batalha) – Apps development;
- Italy (I.I.S. "N. Pellegrini", Sassari (SS)) – Robotics building and programming;
- France (Lycée Saint Cricq, Pau) – Developing and Programming Arduino projects;
- Slovenia (OŠ Preska, Medvode Eslovénia) – Worked as a beta-tester of all the products developed during the project.
All the partners share their knowledge and expertise to increase:
- The development of devices to record scientific experiments;
- To build some simple devices to help younger students practise mathematical notions;
- To produce Learning Objects (Educational resources) related to mathematics and science;
- To produce educational games with devices like robots and microcontrollers.
Country: France, Italy, Portugal, Slovenia
Coordinator: Agrupamento de Escolas da Batalha, http://esbatalha.ccems.pt
Target groups: parents, secondary school students, teachers
Topic: Computer science, Electronics, Environmental sciences, Information technology, Software engineering
Start year: 2014
End year: 2016
Contact person: Marco Neves, Email: mbrasneves (at) gmail.com
A team within the project was formed to monitor the evolution of the project and to evaluate its quality and impact. They created checklist sheets to register all this information.
For each mobile resource a survey was applied in order to evaluate it and also interviews were recorded with some of the participants.
Additionally, the main impacts of the project were registered regarding how all the participants improved their competences in different areas. The learning objects produced during the project are available on the project’s Web page.
The main activities developed during the project had the aim of creating:
- Educational resources for mathematics and science for primary schools (online and apps).
- Educational games (apps) for kindergartens and primary schools.
- Devices with robots and microcontrollers (Arduino or other kind) related to maths and science – “sensitive” moving robots. Some devices had sensors to collect data like temperature and humidity, movements, sounds detector, light intensity, etc., and measure some characteristics of the environment.