PROSO: Promoting Societal Engagement in Research and Innovation
The Horizon 2020-funded project PROSO aims at fostering the engagement of third-sector organisations (like NGOs) and citizens for Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI)!
Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) seeks to align the processes and outcomes of research and innovation with the values, needs and expectations of European society. This requires multi-actor and public engagement initiatives in research and innovation. Societal engagement has been identified as one of five keys of RRI. In the PROSO project, the following question is addressed: What must be done to involve civil society organisations and citizens in research and innovation?
The project investigates barriers and incentives of engagement and develops policy and governance options for encouraging societal engagement for RRI in Europe.
The project develops the following outcomes for researchers:
- Report on the expert workshop “Contemporary experiences with societal engagement under the terms of RRI”.
- Report on societal engagement under the terms of RRI.
- Report on barriers and incentives for societal engagement under RRI.
- Synthesis report on citizens’ views of engagement in research-related activities.
- Practice and Policy Guide on encouraging societal engagement under RRI.
For teachers and other educators, the project develops a Practice and Policy Guide on encouraging societal engagement under RRI.