The Young Researcher
The goals of the project are: to establish an effective technological education and non-formal natural science education system and cover all schools in the country, to help shaping the scientific worldview, to develop students' creativity, to recognize and develop talents.
The goals of the project are to establish an effective technological education and non-formal natural science education system and cover all schools in the country, to help shaping the scientific worldview, to develop students’ creativity, to recognize and develop talents. Together, we help teachers to lead students to scientific research activities.
The main activities:
- To develop information and consultation system for young researchers and teachers:
- develop methodologies and information database for young researchers;
- provide support for centres of young researchers, which take scientific contribution;
- promote science and technology and the profession of researcher.
- Allow young researchers to work with managers to improve their scientific skills.
- To build a network of young researchers:
- to organize scientific activities for the young researchers’ club members;
- to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out research.
- Young researchers and managers organize their work, especially in scientific laboratories.
Coordinator: Lithuanian center of non-formal youth education, http://www.lmnsc.lt/
Target groups: primary school students, secondary school students, teachers
Topic: Astronomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedicine, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Earth science, Ecology, Environmental sciences, Physics
Start year: 2007
End year: 2015
Contact person: Jonas Karolis, Email: jonas.karolis (at) lmnsc.lt
No information for research
Teachers have possibilities to order “Researcher day” or MoMoLab (mobile laboratory) visit in school and encourage students to participate in Young researcher club.