HEaTED is a membership organisation dedicated to supporting professional development of technical staff from all disciplines and specialisms in higher education, further education and related fields in the UK.
What is HEaTED?
HEaTED is a membership organisation dedicated to supporting professional development of technical staff from all disciplines and specialisms in higher education, further education and related fields.
We achieve this through:
- Supporting technical staff in their professional and personal development.
- Improving the quality of technical staff across all disciplines, thereby contributing to improvement of the student experience and research.
- Ensuring a long term supply of a high quality technical workforce striving for improvement.
In this way it contributes to UK PLC through continuous improvement and development of this key workforce.
HEaTED is a membership organisation, so HE/FE and related institutions pay a membership rate which opens the door for their technical staff to access all of our services.
What does HEaTED do for technical staff?
- Identify, source, and develop specialist training courses for technical staff from all disciplines.
- Provide members with discounted rates on specialist and soft skills professional development and training opportunities.
- Manage regional networks to enable colleagues from neighbouring institutions to meet and discuss hot topics, share best practice, promote development opportunities, and more.
- Provide an online community where members can expand on discussion from regional network events, raise hot topics, and share discussion and best practice with colleagues from other institutions.
- Use the regional network events and online communities to serve as a 'representative voice' for the UK technical community in higher education, further education and related fields.
- Support technical staff on their journey towards professional registration.
- Support technical staff in becoming training providers with HEaTED, an important revenue- generating opportunity.
Many research programmes involve technical staff across all disciplines and our services are able to support each and every one of them.
Our membership is open to higher and further education institutions, so anyone with a technical specialism or related role can work with us to support their professional development.
We have dedicated CPD programmes to support technicians with teaching-related roles, and are constantly adding to our provision to respond to changing needs.