Climate Across - Climate Education ranging from Upper Secondary School to Primary School
Climate - a hot topic in society - must bridge the gap between primary and upper secondary school for students and teachers. Climate Across is an educational collaboration project between Silkeborg Upper Secondary School and primary schools in Silkeborg municipality.
The project aimed at increasing students' interest in sciences, and arousing their curiosity for sciences at lower secondary and upper secondary school level.
The project focused on developing an educational framework that allowed students and teachers from lower secondary school and upper secondary school to meet in cross-disciplinary projects for deepening curiosity for and interest in science.
Climate education was used as a framework in order to facilitate the smooth transition of students from lower secondary to upper secondary school.
The project activities had five key aims:
- increasing students' interest in sciences
- development of lesson plans
- upgrading teachers' qualifications and their knowledge transfer and inspiring and re-enthusing science teachers
- collaboration between lower and upper secondary school
- facilitating the transition from lower secondary to upper secondary school
Report of the project to The Danish Ministry of Education. The report describes:
- The project
- Description of event model
The booklet describes the cooperation between primary and secondary school on climate changes to ease the transition from primary and secondary school.