8th Scientix Projects' Networking Event
The 8th Scientix Projects' Networking Event will take place in Brussels on Friday 16th of October 2015. This event will be organized in conjunction with the 8th Science Projects Workshop in the Future Classroom Lab.
Target audience: The one day event is open to project representatives from European and national science education projects and organizations. Public funded projects included in the Scientix projects' repository or in the process of being published (i.e. they submitted at the time of the event via the project upload form), will have priority.
Aim of the event: To discuss "Evaluation within projects" . Basically, methods used, data analysis, permissions, problems, good practices etc.
Structure of the event: After a brief introduction on the aim of the event by Scientix representatives attending will be able to present their projects. In the afternoon, sessions on the event's topic will be organized in order to discuss issues, experiences and suggestions. The results will be published as a Scientix observatory paper co-authored by all participants.
9:00 - 9:30 Registration
9:30 - 9:50 Welcome by Scientix
10:00 - 12:30 Brief presentation of projects and/or organizations present, highlighting the experience within evaluation
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 16:00 Discussion / exchange session on:
Evaluation within projects
16:00 - 17:00 Conclusions and farewell
Location: European Schoolnet, Rue de Treves, 61, Brussels 1040, Belgium
Support for participants:
1) Lunch on Friday 16th will be provided to all participants by Scientix
2) Scientix will organize and cover the hotel for the night of Thu 15th for those projects' in need of financial support.
3) Up to 10 projects attending the event on Friday, will be welcome to join the 8th Science Projects Workshop in the Future Classroom Lab, on Saturday 17th and run a 45' workshop with ~15 participants and present in 10' their project to all ~60 participants;
- The registration for the event is free of charge;
- Participants registered will be confirmed within 48 hours of registering;
- Flight can be organized and covered by Scientix;
- Maximum number of participants: 30;
- Projects can send more than one representative, but Scientix will organize and cover the hotel for maximum two representatives per project;
- Deadline to register: 30th of September (if hotel and flight needed) / 10th of October (if no hotel nor flight needed) or until all places are taken (whichever occurs first);
- The projects must be public funded and either be included in the Scientix projects' repository or in the process of being published; or the organizations must have proven experience or involvement in public funded STEM projects.
- This event is NOT open to projects created without official endorsement (i.e. they must have public funding be it regional, national or EU). No self-funded projects or school projects (teacher's projects) will be accepted.
Confirmed Participants: Check out the list of confirmed projects and participants.