The fourth Scientix Projects' Networking Event will take place in Barcelona on Thursday 16th of April 2015. This event will be organized in collaboration with the RRI Tools project and the STEAM Barcelona conference.
Target audience: The one day event is open to project representatives from European and national science education projects. The projects must be public funded and either be included in the Scientix projects' repository or in the process of being published (i.e. they must have been submitted at the time of the event via the project upload form).
Aim of the event: To discuss how are the aspects of Responsible Research and Innovation and STE(A)M tackled in the different projects or how can they be included, if not done yet. Note: STE(A)M = Science, Technology, Engineering (Arts) and Mathematics.
Structure of the event: After a brief introduction on the aim of the event by Scientix and on the topic of Responsible Research and Innovation by RRI Tools (Fundacio la Caixa), representatives attending will be able to present their projects. In the afternoon, sessions on Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) and STE(A)M will be organized in order to discuss issues, experiences and suggestions. The results will be published as a Scientix observatory paper co-authored by all participants.
9:00 - 9:30 Registration
9:30 - 9:50 Welcome by Scientix
10:00 - 10:20 Welcome and keynote from RRI Tools (Fundació la Caixa)
10:30 - 12:30 Brief presentation of projects present, highlighting their work on RRI or STEAM
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 16:00 Discussion / exchange session on:
Responsible Research and Innovation and STE(A)M in Science Education projects
16:00 - 17:00 Conclusions and farewell
Location: Cosmocaixa, Barcelona
Support for participants:
1) Lunch on Thursday 16th will be provided to all participants by Scientix
2) Scientix will organize and cover the hotel for the nights of Wed 15 and Thu 16 for those projects' in need of financial support.
3) Scientix will cover the conference registration fee to STEAM Barcelona for all participants of the Scientix Projects Networking Event who wish to stay for the conference (the conference takes place Friday 17th and Saturday 18th).
- The registration for the event is free of charge;
- Participants registered will be confirmed within 48 hours of registering;
- Travel is at the participants' expenses;
- Maximum number of participants: 35;
- Projects can send more than one representative, but Scientix will organize and cover the hotel for maximum two representatives per project;
- Deadline to register: 25th of March (if hotel needed) / 10th of April (if no hotel needed) or until all places are taken (whichever occurs first);
- The projects must be public funded and either be included in the Scientix projects' repository or in the process of being published;
- This event is NOT open to projects created without official endorsement (i.e. they must have public funding be it regional, national or EU). No self-funded projects or school projects (teacher's projects) will be accepted.
Confirmed Participants: Check out the list of confirmed projects and participants.