Translation service – Vote for your favourite resource!
Have you found an interesting learning resource in Scientix teaching materials that you consider useful and relevant for teachers to apply in the classroom? Vote for this resource, indicating your specific language(s). You will get a chance to have this resource translated into 37 languages!
The translation service is free of charge and available only through the Scientix website.
How can you vote for your favourite resource?
- Check the media campaigns that are organised by Scientix under http://www.scientix.eu/events/campaigns and the STEM strategy criteria that are targeted by the campaigns.
- During the campaign, choose via the resource repository (http://www.scientix.eu/resources) the Scientix resource that corresponds to the STEM strategy criteria targeted by the campaign and that is most relevant for you to be applied in the classroom or at the school level.
You can filter resources directly using the descriptor “STEM strategy criteria” via the Advanced Search feature as shown in Figure 1 below.
Figure 1: Scientix Resource Repository and STEM strategy criteria descriptor
- Under the resource description, vote for the resource by clicking directly on the language(s) you use in your classroom
Figure 2: Scientix “Vote for this resource”
- The resources that will be used by most participants and which respect the conditions set out in the next section will be translated.
Conditions for the selection of the resource to be translated
Following each media campaign, the resource for voted by most participants and which will be translated will be announced on Scientix social media.
Whether or not a resource is selected for translation depends on these criteria:
- The resource will be selected following one of the media campaigns (http://www.scientix.eu/events/campaigns) that are organised by Scientix around STEM School Label key elements, as the resource considered by most participants to be the most relevant one (only teaching materials and not reports or courses).
- The number of resources to be translated in each campaign will depend on the size (number of words) of the most voted-for resources, with at least one resource to be translated per campaign.
- The license of the selected resource must allow modifications and derived works. More details can be found at http://creativecommons.org/licenses;
- Authors or submitters of the resource will have to provide an editable version of the resource when filling in the upload form.
Translations will be done into the official languages of European Union countries, territories and regions, and FP7 associate countries:
So what are you waiting for? Participate in the next media campaign and vote for the resource you consider the most useful and relevant to be used in the classroom while indicating your specific language(s)!
Remember, you will find more information about each media campaign under http://www.scientix.eu/events/campaigns
How can you allow translations of your own resources?
Please note that to enable Translation on Demand of resources, only editable files can be uploaded of maximum 20 Megabytes (Mb) in volume. Please contact us if you have problems uploading editable files at scientix (at) eun.org