The 6th Scientix Projects' Networking Event will take place in Brussels on Friday 8th of May 2015. This event will be organized in conjunction with the 6th Science Projects Workshop in the Future Classroom Lab, special edition for Heads of School.
Target audience: The one day event is open to project representatives from European and national science education projects. The projects must be public funded and either be included in the Scientix projects' repository or in the process of being published (i.e. they must have been submitted at the time of the event via the project upload form).
Aim of the event: To discuss Cross-curricula activities in projects & whole-school activities involvement. Basically, how to get the approval from heads of schools for their teachers to join European projects, how to encourage teachers to collaborate with teachers from the same school, how should materials be prepared in order to be used by teachers from different countries, examples of cross-curricula resources, etc.
Structure of the event: After a brief introduction on the aim of the event by Scientix representatives attending will be able to present their projects. In the afternoon, sessions on the event's topic will be organized in order to discuss issues, experiences and suggestions. The results will be published as a Scientix observatory paper co-authored by all participants.
9:00 - 9:30 Registration
9:30 - 9:50 Welcome by Scientix
10:00 - 12:30 Brief presentation of projects present, highlighting whole school approaches and ross-curricula activities
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 16:00 Discussion / exchange session on:
Cross-curricula activities in projects & whole-school activities involvement
16:00 - 17:00 Conclusions and farewell
Location: European Schoolnet, Rue de Treves, 61, Brussels 1040, Belgium
Support for participants:
1) Lunch on Friday 8th will be provided to all participants by Scientix
2) Scientix will organize and cover the hotel for the night of Thu 7th for those projects' in need of financial support.
3) Up to 10 projects attending the event on Friday, will be welcome to join the 6th Science Projects Workshop in the Future Classroom Lab, special edition for Heads of School, on Saturday 9th and run a 45' workshop with ~15 participants and present in 10' their project to all ~50 participants;
- The registration for the event is free of charge;
- Participants registered will be confirmed within 48 hours of registering;
- Flight can be organized and covered by Scientix;
- Maximum number of participants: 35;
- Projects can send more than one representative, but Scientix will organize and cover the hotel for maximum two representatives per project;
- Deadline to register: 24th of April (if hotel and flight needed) / 30th of April (if no hotel nor flight needed) or until all places are taken (whichever occurs first);
- The projects must be public funded and either be included in the Scientix projects' repository or in the process of being published;
- This event is NOT open to projects created without official endorsement (i.e. they must have public funding be it regional, national or EU). No self-funded projects or school projects (teacher's projects) will be accepted.
Confirmed Participants: Check out the list of confirmed projects and participants.