This Call for Papers for the 3rd Scientix Conference invites you to present and discuss your work and experience in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education in primary and secondary education.
The conference is held in Brussels, Belgium, from 4 to 6 May 2018. Around 350 teachers, policymakers, researchers and project managers are expected to attend the conference, thus making it one of the major networking events in Europe this year.
The Call for Papers is now open to four different types of contributions:
- Presentations on different topics related to STEM education:
- Duration: maximum 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions.
- Up to 56 presentations will be selected.
- Maximum one speaker per presentation.
- Information to provide in the call for papers: Title, Abstract (500 to 1,000 words) and Topics (e.g. Curriculum, School projects Research and schools, Tools, Contextualization of STEM teaching (STEM and the world around us), Projects, Early education, Specific STEM topics: nanotechnology, bioeconomy, etc. National projects, Role models and good examples, Inquiry Based Science and/or Mathematics Education, Teacher training, continuous learning and assessment, Science and social inclusion, Coding in STEM education, Out of school learning, Games in education, Competence learning and motivation, Remote and digital, Dissemination / outreach of STEM...)
- Exhibition stands for STEM education projects:
- 20 to be selected.
- In addition to a stand during the whole event, the projects will also have a max 3-minute presentation slot associated during the plenary session, where they will be able to highlight why should participants visit their stand.
- Maximum two project representatives per stand.
- Information to be provided in the call for papers: Name of Project, URL, logo, URL if published in Scientix, Summary of project (100 - 140 words), Information on the 2nd person attending, if any.
- Note that projects already published or submitted to be published in the Scientix projects' repository will be favoured
- Posters: on different topics related to STEM education
- Up to 25 posters will be selected.
- Maximum one presenter per poster.
- Information to be provided in the call for papers: Title, Summary (between 500 and 1,000 words), Topics covered (see list under Presentations).
- Hands-on workshops: hands-on sessions on STEM education topics
- Up to 14 to be selected.
- Maximum 5 minute-introduction, rest should be hands-on.
- Duration: 40 minutes in total.
- Expected number of participants: ~30.
- Maximum two workshop leaders per workshop.
- Information for call for papers: Title, Summary (500 to 1,000 words), Information on the 2nd person attending, if any.
Please note all speakers selected (for presentations, stands, posters and workshops), will have the possibility of staying at the hotel of the conference, with the nights of Friday 4 and Saturday 5 May 2018 organised and covered by Scientix. Travel to/from Brussels will be at the participants' expense.
The submission deadline for the call for papers is 19 March.
- Submit your abstract by clicking on the SUBMIT YOUR PAPER button below.
- Once received, we will review your abstract and inform you of those papers we have accepted by April 6th latest, so that you know if you have been chosen to present your paper at the conference.