EXTRA CALL FOR NEW SCIENTIX AMBASSADORS 2022
Scientix is looking for dynamic, motivated and creative teachers to join our Scientix Ambassadors Teacher’s Panel which already consists of 916 Scientix Ambassadors selected from the previous and current editions of Scientix. Scientix Ambassadors are teachers from anywhere in the world, willing to support the dissemination of Scientix and the exchange of practices and knowledge between all STEM education stakeholders.
Scientix Ambassadors help share Scientix activities at national level and play an active role in supporting innovation in STEM education in their countries. Their work is essential for expanding and consolidating a community whose core values reside in sharing of good classroom practice, especially in the area of STEM, and making sure that students are equipped with the skills needed to become successful adults. Scientix already has 916 active Ambassadors and is looking to expand with 100 additional teachers.
Scientix Ambassadors act on a voluntary basis and the requirements to become an Ambassador are:
- Completing the application form;
- Successfully completing two Scientix MOOCs from this list:
- one of the Scientix/STE(A)M IT Integrated STEM teaching MOOCs for primary or secondary (either the 2020 Edition or the 2021 Rerun);
- the Exploring Nature-Based Solutions in Your Classroom MOOC (2021);
- the Aerospace in Class MOOC (2021), or
- The Three Rs and Animal Use in Science Rerun MOOC (2021).
- Terra Mission MOOC: Teaching Sustainability for Action (2022).
- Approval by the Ministries of Education in the corresponding countries;
- Successfully completing the 5th online Scientix Ambassadors Training Course (SATC). Invitation to join the SATC will only be possible if points 1, 2 and 3 have been completed. This course will run from
March 7 until March 25, 2022.
- Additionally, EUN will ensure that there is fair distribution of expertise among ambassadors.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
27th February 23:59 CEST.
Open to teachers from any country in the world (Only the possibility for Scientix to cover the travel to events and offering stipends for certain tasks is restricted to teachers from EU member countries and H2020 associate countries).
See the full terms and conditions and the application form. Join us!
Scientix, the community for science education in Europe, promotes and supports European collaboration among STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) teachers, education researchers, policymakers and other STEM education professionals. Since 2010, Scientix has been helping European STEM educators inspire young people to take a keener interest in their science, technology, engineering and mathematics classes. Scientix is funded by the European Union’s Research and Innovation Directorate under the H2020 programme.
In its first stage, Scientix built an online portal to collect and present European STEM education projects which now contains more than 700 projects and 3600 resources. This was followed by the creation of a network of National Contact Points (NCPs) that support the development of innovative approaches in science education at a national level.
Community involvement is important within Scientix, and it aims to provide a common space for all actors in STEM education and create a connection between STEM educators, researchers and policymakers. In Scientix, the community of educators is currently represented by 916 teachers from 49 countries who have volunteered to act as Scientix Ambassadors. They actively support the dissemination of Scientix and contribute to the exchange of practices and knowledge among all STEM education stakeholders in Europe.