Scientix promotes and supports a Europe-wide collaboration among STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) teachers, education researchers, policymakers and other STEM education professionals.
In its first stage (2009-2012), the project built an online portal to collect and present European STEM education projects and their results, and organised several teacher workshops. The main networking event was the Scientix conference, held in May 2011 in Brussels.
The goal of the second phase of the Scientix project (2013 – 2015) was to expand this community to the national level. Through a network of National Contact Points (NCPs), Scientix reached out to national teacher communities, and contributed to the development of national strategies for wider uptake of inquiry-based and other innovative approaches to science and maths education.
This activity is continued in the third stage of Scientix (2016-2019), which is funded by the Horizon 2020 programme of the European Union for research and innovation. Scientix was originally born at the initiative of the European Commission and has, since its inception, been coordinated by European Schoolnet, a Brussels-based consortium of thirty ministries of education, which is a driving factor for innovation in teaching and learning and fosters pan-European collaboration of schools and teachers.
How can you benefit from Scientix?
The main stakeholders of Scientix are teachers, researchers and project managers in STEM education, and policymakers. Each of these groups can benefit from Scientix activities and events.
- Browse through the Scientix resources repository and find inspiration for your classes
- Get involved in European STEM education projects via our matching tool
- Participate in national and European workshops and professional development courses
- Download all presentations, videos and materials from our conferences, and stay tuned for future ones
- Participate in online training, webinars or communities of practice
Researchers / project managers:
- Find teachers or schools to collaborate with by browsing the Scientix public profiles directory
- Browse through the project reports library
- Participate in the Scientix networking events for STEM education projects
- Co-organise an event with Scientix, increasing your dissemination and participants
- Present your project at Scientix conferences
- Use the Scientix Observatory for information about national strategies in STEM education, and to keep up-to-date with the state of play in STEM education research and practice
- Get in touch with the STEM education community joining Scientix networking events, screening the public profile directory or using the match-making tool
- 2015, Scientix 2 Results. How Scientix adds value to STEM education, European Schoolnet: Brussels, Download
- 2015, Scientix. Supporting collaboration in science, technology, engineering and mathematics education in Europe since 2010, European Schoolnet: Brussels, Download
- 2015, The Second Scientix Conference 24-26 October 2014. The results, European Schoolnet: Brussels, Download
- 2014, Scientix. The Community for science education in Europe, European Schoolnet: Brussels, Download
- 2011, Scientix. The Community for science education in Europe, European Commission, Research and Innovation DG: Brussels, Download
Scientix 3 flyer
Scientix 3 posters